8.27.2023

Self-Care Tip: Get In Daily Solitude

I need daily quiet, alone-time with no noise, no one asking me questions and no one touching me. Every day. Every. Day.

It’s how I recharge and reset.

When I don’t get it in, I feel more anxious, have less patience, can’t think, lack creativity and sometimes even feel angry.

Does that sound like you?

You probably are like me and just need some solitude.

Here are some ways to get it in:
-cup of tea in your quiet, dark house before anyone else wakes up
-nap time when kids nap
-afternoon walk alone
-read a book while you soak in the bath
-journal some thoughts at bedtime
-watch a movie alone

The trick is to get your loved ones onboard. Nick can tell when I need some time. He’ll play with Ivy, take her outside or to run errands with him or feed her a meal while I have a break. You need to find that person who’s going to take something on so that you can catch your breath.

What’s your favorite way to get solitude and who’s got your back so you can make that happen?


No comments:

Post a Comment