8.26.2023

Self-Care Tip: Plan Only One Event Per Day

When I was really struggling with anxiety and panic attacks in my mid-20s, my counselor encouraged me to only make one plan per day.

This meant that if I had coffee with a friend in the morning, I didn’t make any other plans that day, even if that coffee date only lasted an hour.

Or if we invited a couple over for dinner, I didn’t make any other plans for that same day, even if that dinner didn’t start until 7pm.

Sometimes it meant that I “missed out” on something, but it also meant that I was more present and calm for the one event I planned.

Do you find yourself overwhelmed with your full calendar?

Would you consider pairing down to only one event per day?

I’d love to hear how you spend your days and how you feel your mental health is positively or negatively affected by these events and decisions. Please comment below or DM me to share👇🏻


No comments:

Post a Comment