8.18.2023

How To Do A Home Spa Treatment

Years ago I read how we should vacation as if we are guests at a luxury spa. Just because we can’t afford to actually spend time at one doesn’t mean we can’t treat ourselves to a week of pampering. So, I took that advice and every time I travel, I take all my goodies.

It’s true that I do all these things at home, but not daily, and often I rush through the steps. Simply slowing down and taking the time to use the right products the right way makes a huge difference, especially for my skin.

You should take time to pamper yourself, whether you have a week, a day or only 30 minutes. Here are my go-to steps for feeling healthy and fresh:

1. Grate 1 tsp - 1 tbsp fresh ginger into a glass, add in 1 cup Ningxia Red, then fill to top with seltzer water.

2. Start a bath and pour in one cup of epsom salt with 8 drops of StressAway Essential Oil.

3. While bath is filling, dry brush entire body for roughly 5 minutes.

4. Hop in bath and read a good book or rest while soaking for about 20 minutes. The water should be hot enough to get sweaty.

5. Massage a dime sized amount of Mirah Lustrous Hair Oil into hair and give yourself a good scalp massage for 2-3 minutes. Leave in hair for 20 minutes or more - I often leave mine in overnight and wash my hair in the morning.

6. Massage a dime sized amount of Mirah Luminous Cleansing Oil into face, neck and chest for 2-3 minutes. In the past, I’ve simply bought 1 of the Mirah Oil products and used it for hair, skin, shaving, moisturizer, everything…

7. Take a quarter sized amount of Acure Brightening Face Scrub and massage/scrub face, neck and chest for about 1-2 minutes. Then, wash off all traces of cleansing oil and scrub with warm water.

8. Make a bentonite clay (got mine at Whole Foods) paste, apply to face, neck and chest and let sit for 15-20 minutes. Wash off with steaming washcloth.

9. Get out and dry off. Apply Young Living Creme Masque to face and Young Living Lavender Lotion (of one of the Mirah Oil products) to entire body.

You should now feel like a million bucks! I’ve done this daily and, just since Saturday, my skin is softer and clearer. Good products and practices can compete with pricey spas!

***Order your Young Living essential oils and products HERE and use my code SHAREYL for 10% off


No comments:

Post a Comment