8.24.2023

Self-Care Tip: MOVE

When I was in counseling in my early 20s, my counselor told me I have to get daily exercise.

It’s not so I’m skinnier or more muscular, but so that I’m mentally stronger.

Movement gives me time to push out frustrations and bring in peace.

Since Ivy was born, it’s become even more important to me than ever. I want to be healthy so that I’m here longer and I want to be an example to Ivy of what a healthy lifestyle looks like.

It’s not just one thing. It’s good nutrition, enough sleep, healthy relationships, time with God, defined boundaries, plenty of water, rest and yes, daily movement.

I don’t want Ivy concerned with her weight or looks, but the things that define what it is to be truly healthy.

She’s already watching me, copying my every move. So I’m going to be the best version of me. For me. For Ivy. For Nick. For those around me.

What’s an area of self-care that you need to start prioritizing today? Comment below!


No comments:

Post a Comment