7.02.2023

4 Hour Work Week

Years ago, I read 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris and really liked how he talked about forgetting the typical end of life retirement and instead, going for whole life mini-retirements.


That’s exactly what I’ve been trying to do!  I don’t want to wait until I’m 60, assuming I’ll still be alive and healthy enough to travel.  I want to do it now while I’m young, healthy and can afford travel on a tight budget 😉

I took notes while reading his book and here are the main things I took away:


1.  Be an owner, not a manager.

2.  Outsource everything possible.

3.  Don’t answer questions employees can find on their own.

4.  Use the least amount of words as possible.

5.  When meetings are unavoidable, keep them at 30 minutes or less and follow an agenda.

6.  Check email 1x per week.

7.  Use phone calls only when urgent and email won’t work.

8.  Don’t work for the sake of working.

9.  Say no to almost everything.

10. Treat customers like they’re in an exclusive club.


After reading his book, I implemented some of these ideas. Not only have I worked less over these last years, but I’m more focused when I do work and get more done. It’s the whole work smarter, not harder idea!


If you’d love to live a life of freedom, you should check out 4 Hour Work Week. It doesn’t have to mean constant travel, but following Tim’s ideas can mean more time to do what you love, with those you love 😍


No comments:

Post a Comment