8.10.2016

HUNTINGTON BEACH STATE PARK

Last week, some of my friends and I headed down to Murrells Inlet to enjoy a week at the beach together.  My grandparents bought a run down house a few years back and have been renovating it ever since.  It can sleep almost 20 people and the upstairs and downstairs are separated, almost like two houses...they each have a kitchen, dining and living areas, bathrooms and bedrooms.  Although it's not right on the beach, it's on the intercostal waterway and secluded and quiet.  It's the perfect retreat for those times when you just need to get away from it all!


Ironman and I go down to the beach frequently and have our little traditions of what we like to do.  For instance, on our anniversary each December we always eat dinner at Bonefish Grill and then go to Brookgreen Gardens to see the Christmas lights.  We also love to go to The Market Common anytime of the year.  It's the perfect place to window shop, grab a bite to eat, get a coffee and enjoy a good book and even catch a movie!


But my favorite place is the Huntington Beach State Park.  There is so much to do there.  Camping, fishing, hiking and biking trails, catching a glimpse of some alligators, bird watching, enjoying the ocean and even touring the Atalaya Castle and other areas of the park!


Walking, as always, is my favorite.  I was so happy that my friends were troopers last week and agreed to get up each morning with me and take a walk on the beach before the weather was too hot.  The beach was empty, the sounds of the waves peaceful and the breeze was perfect.  I even jumped in the water in my clothes to cool off after the sun began to get stronger!


On October 1st, Ironman signed up for his first triathlon and it's going to be held here at the park!  It's called the Long Bay Sprint Triathlon...sign up and join him or come and help me cheer for him!  For years we have talked about wanting to camp here during the cooler weather, but we have yet to do it! It's just another thing on our ever growing Bucket List!


Have you ever visited this state park?  If not, you should plan a trip soon...even if it's only for a short day trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment