10.05.2023

Home is "base"

Over the years, I’ve come to see our home as “base”.


I love to come home, wash my clothes, catch up with friends and enjoy my routine. But, then I remember the far-away friends I miss, the vegan restaurants we’ve yet to try, the places I haven’t seen and the things I still want to try. I think of my ticking clock and the fear of leaving anything until “someday”.


And then I know I can’t just stay home.


I want to be free.  Free to forget about the chores.  Free to listen to the silence of the outdoors.  Free to go without a plan.  Free to think clearly.  Free to cross things off my Bucket List.  Free to wander.


Because travel changes us.


I see it each time we hit the interstate on the way out of town.


New ideas for writing come to my mind.  Nick opens up and shares his recent thoughts. Together, we dream and plan and make big life decisions.  We are a better version of ourselves when we get away.


Every time.


We get out of our bubble and the world becomes a bigger place.


We have things on our minds as we set out on yet another road trip...dreams that could be plans if we can just get away and brainstorm.


So, I’m pumped as I think through another road-trip.  Just us three and the open road.  No distractions.  Just food and naps and us and adventure and I can’t wait to see where we are and how we’ve changed and the decisions we’ve made when we settle back into our home base once it's all over and time to plan another adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment