10.23.2023

How To Go Vegan TODAY

Going vegan wasn’t all that hard for me, but every now and then I’ll be reminded of something I used to enjoy. I know that I could eat that item again if I wanted to, but feeling good just feels so much better.


Have you been interested in going vegan but aren’t sure where to start?


Here are my tips:


1. Focus on what you can eat and don’t dwell on the few things you’re avoiding. You’re really only cutting out three things: meat, dairy and eggs. But, you can eat EVERYTHING else: all fruits, all vegetables, all nuts, all seeds, etc, leaving you with tens of thousands of options.


2. Fill up on what you enjoy. I love juiced oranges, sliced pineapple, dates and avocados covered in lemon juice and salt.

3. Be willing to experiment. I used to hate salads, but now I’ve figured out my favorite recipes and actually crave them.


4. Educate yourself. The more time I invest in learning about how food is related to health, the more I’m motivated to eat well.


5. Read labels and say no. Dairy (and other crap) is in everything and not everyone understands diet restrictions, so don’t be afraid to stand up for yourself.


I know it’s tempting to eat whatever is easy, whatever’s put in front of you and whatever you crave. I know. But, I promise that putting some boundaries on food will leave you feeling better in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment