10.24.2023

Let’s Stop Treating Men Like Children

I’ll always remember my Grandma Jackson refused to watch shows where men (specifically husbands) were portrayed as dumb.


Once she pointed that out to me, I realize how many shows do that!


It’s so disrespectful.


But it’s not just TV and movies, I’ve seen it happen, right in front of me, over and over again.


It’s so sad.


But this is what I’m sure of: Men can succeed at work, take care of their home, spend time with their family, be involved in church and cultivate meaningful relationships.


I see Nick do it well!


So, what if instead of treating men like they’re dumb, we show them we believe in them and watch them excel because of our support?


I always find that people turn out exactly how we expect them to, so let’s choose our thoughts and language wisely.


Why don’t we stop telling men how to do their jobs, rolling our eyes like they can’t care for things at home, quit calling it “babysitting” when they’re simply being a daddy, dragging them to events, setting them up on “play dates” with other men and not taking their advice?


I know, I know, it goes both ways and no one’s perfect.


But it’s got to start somewhere and treating men like men is a good place to begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment