3.03.2017

9 THINGS TO DO, SEE AND EAT IN BEAUFORT

While vacationing in Hilton Head a few weeks back, Ironman and I decided to make a day trip to Beaufort.  Growing up, my grandparents usually kept their boat in the downtown marina, so I have been here many times, but it's been a few years.  I like to think of it as a smaller version of Savannah. There is great food, cute shops, lots of history and plenty to see.  So, here are 9 things that I recommend you see, do and eat the next time you head that way!


1.  Find the mermaid and pose for a photo.  It's located right beside a museum, so you can step in right after!


2.  Take a walk down by the marina.


3.  Stop and enjoy the swings, while you're at it.




 5.  Stop in The Chocolate Tree and take a bite.  This was Tom Hanks favorite place and his "box of chocolates" in Forest Gump was filled here!


6.  Stroll down Beaufort's Rainbow Row.  Downtown is full of quiet streets and beautiful old homes.  It seemed strange that people live in these places that are full of history and part of the tours. I ended up feeling like I was intruding as I admired their homes and yards (especially when they caught me looking).


 7.  Shop 'til you drop.  The downtown area is full of cute boutiques and great restaurants.


8.  Take lots of photos.  We are trying to decide how to do our own front yard landscaping, so this day trip gave us lots of great inspiration and had us wishing our yard was full of live oaks!


9.  Drop in Bay St. Treasures.  It doesn't look like much from the outside, but the inside is full of unique treasures that you'll want to take home!


Beaufort is definitely a neat little city that we want to come back to in the future when we have more time.  I would love to stay in a Bed and Breakfast downtown and see more of the surrounding area.  



No comments:

Post a Comment