9.15.2016

CAPSULE WARDROBE

I have always been a minimalist, but in the summer of 2014 I began to see things all over the internet about minimizing your wardrobe.  I saw everything from "The 40 Hanger Closet", to "Project 333", "The 5 Piece French Wardrobe" and many others all with the same idea of downsizing.  I was hooked.  Little did I know, but my friend Jamie had come across the same thing!  So, we quickly set up a frozen yoghurt date at Orange Leaf and started planing out our wardrobes!

Jamie brought some print outs from UnFancy so that we could get our thoughts together.  We went over things we own and wear, what we own and don't wear and a little bit of special occasion clothes and travel.  After coming up with a plan, it was time to go shopping and build our Fall Capsules.  I copied UnFancy and chose 37 items...here is my post about it!

Once I got into this capsule wardrobe idea, I went a little crazy on Pinterest and ended up running into Jennifer L Scott, author of Lessons from Madame Chic, and watched her TEDx Talk on the 10 Item Wardrobe.


I was instantly in love with her work and decided that I was going to go with her for all things related to my new obsession with the capsule wardrobe idea.  I started following her on social media, keeping up with her blog and read her books (she has a few).  I got started with her first book, Lessons from Madame Chic, and highly recommend it.  I think that what I enjoyed most about Jennifer is that she spent time in Paris and learned about fashion and lifestyle from that culture!

So, as I prepare my own 2016 Fall Capsule, I am checking out other wardrobes, including Jennifer's.

Do you do a capsule wardrobe?  Do you follow someone who does?  Please share in the comments below...I am always looking for a new minimalist to follow and love!

PS...check out these old posts to see how my Capsule Wardrobe began and has evolved!

2014 Fall/Winter Capsule Wardrobe (my FIRST capsule wardrobe!!!)
2015 Spring/Summer Capsule Wardrobe
2015 Fall/Winter Capsule Wardrobe
2016 Spring/Summer Capsule Wardrobe
2016 Fall/Winter Capsule Wardrobe (focused on The Six Items Challenge)



No comments:

Post a Comment