9.26.2015

2015 FALL/WINTER CAPSULE WARDROBE

     If you know me, you KNOW that I am a sucker for Simple Living.  I LOVE minimalism to the point that I freak out my family sometimes...

     Last summer, I started following blogs and Pinterest boards related to minimalist closets and was hooked.  My friend Jamie, at the same time, found the Unfancy Blog and learned about the Capsule Wardrobe.  So, she and I went to Orange Leaf, filled out our Style Profiles and began to create our Capsule Wardrobes!

     For my Fall/Winter Capsule Wardrobe, I followed the Unfancy Blog idea of 37 items.  Click HERE to see my clothing choices!

     But, the more I read about Capsule Wardrobes, the more I enjoyed The Daily Connoisseur (watch her TED TALK HERE), so my Spring/Summer Capsule Wardrobe was a little less than 20 items.  Click HERE to see my clothing choices!

     Most people have way more clothes than they need AND most people have closets full of clothes that they don't even like to wear...the Capsule Wardrobe can help fix that!!!

     I have done the Capsule Wardrobe for a year now and really enjoyed it!

Check out my Fall/Winter Capsule Wardrobe for THIS year:

Coat #1 - Peacoat from SAMS Club!!!  My mom bought me this coat about 7 years ago and it is still going strong!  It has a hole in a pocket, a button needs to be tightened up and it probably needs a visit to the dry cleaners, but it is still a great coat and I love wearing it every year!!!
Coat #2 - Lightweight Trenchcoat!!!  Hand-Me-Down from my mom...it has a little lipstick stain, but it is in an area that isn't noticeable and its a great coat for Fall!!!
Top #1 - Got this at Target last year and used it in my Fall/Winter Capsule...I love it and wear it on top of long-sleeved cotton shirts during the colder months!!!
Top #2 - Bought this Cardigan at TJMaxx YEARS ago...it is a little shrunken in some areas and stretched out in other areas, but I am going to make it work a little while longer because I LOVE wearing it with my skinny jeans and a pretty scarf!!!
Top #3 - Same story as the gray Cardigan above^^^
Top #4 - Navy Blue Cardigan that I just got from my 8th Fix!!!
     Wondering what "Fix" I'm talking about?!?!?!?!  Click HERE to learn about Stitch Fix...it is basically where you fill out a Style Profile and a Stylist will choose 5 items for YOU and ship them to you.  You try them on, keep what you want and send back what you don't want!

Top #5 - Beige Cardigan that I stole from my sister's closet :)
Top #6 - This was in my Fall/Winter Capsule last year and its coming back...I love the bronze studs on the shoulders!
Top #7 - I bought this from LOFT for my Spring/Summer Wardrobe and it shrunk a little, even though I followed the washing instructions!  I like the color so I am going to continue to
 wear it a little longer!
Top #8 - Target!  This was in my Fall/Winter Capsule last year and it's back...the material is really soft and I love the colors.
Top #9 - Another TJMaxx find...it is soft, held it shape well and I love the color!
Top #10 - Another great Stitch Fix find!!!
Top #11 - Stitch Fix strikes again!!!
Top #12 - TJMaxx...my sister just got this for me over my birthday!
***The weather in South Carolina changes a lot during this time of year, so I will need sweaters and scarves AND tank tops!!!

Bottoms #1 - TJMaxx find YEARS ago...black skinnies are great for Fall/Winter!!!
Bottoms #2 - This jeans skirt is a Hand-Me-Down from my sister and a great staple!
Scarf Season has finally arrived...I have 4 in colors that I love!!!
Shoes #1 - Everyone needs a pair of CowGirl Boots!!!
Shoes #2 - My sister just got these from Marshall's for my birthday...this is my first pair of ankle boots and I am excited to wear them!
Shoes #3 - Leopard flats are a must!
Top #13 and Bottoms #3 - The skinny jeans are from my mom's closet and
the top is from Stitch Fix!!!
     So what do YOU think about the Capsule Wardrobe idea?!?!?!?!  Have you tried it?!?!?!  Do you want to try it now?!?!?!?!  It is always a work in progress and there are no "rules", so you can do what you think is right for you!!!  The point is to just keep and wear the things that you truly love!!!


Find @emilyjacksonstewart on Instagram
Find Simply Whole on FaceBook
Find me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment