9.11.2016

THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD TAG!!!

Thank you so much to Amanda at The Next Seven for awarding me with The Versatile Blogger Award Tag!  I love Amanda's blog and feel like we have so much in common.  You should take a minute to check out her blog and start following her for more inspiration on living the Bucket List life!

I'll share 7 facts about me and then tag a few bloggers I love to encourage them to do the same!

SEVEN FACTS ABOUT ME:

1.  I'm a nomad.  Haha, not really, but sometimes I have felt like one!  Although I just turned 31, I have already traveled to 28 countries (I think...I tried to count them up) and moved 37 times (again, I think...I could be missing some)!!!

2.  I rode a camel.  While living a few years in Ethiopia, my family took a vacation to Kenya.  We stayed in a beautiful hotel right by the ocean, drank milk out of fresh coconuts each day, tried to avoid the aggressive monkeys, sailed in a glass bottom boat and rode camels on the beach.  I wish that I could say that I loved it, but I was terrified.  My mom and sister, Mary Ashley, rode one camel together.  Then, my other sister, Maggie, and I rode another camel.  As the enormous animal was standing up, I wasn't prepared for the strange way it moved so I almost fell off, scraped my leg and was sure I was going to fall to my death the entire ride.

Me and my friend Monica in Israel

3.  I swam in the Dead Sea.  In 2005, I went on a study tour in the Holy Land.  We spent 3 weeks touring Israel and the surrounding areas, while reading the parts of the Bible that went along with that part of the country.  It was life changing.  One of the days, we stopped and swam in the Dead Sea.  It was the strangest thing ever to not be able to get yourself under the water.  I just bobbed on the top like a float!  Also, when we got out our skin was like baby soft because the salt was a natural exfoliator!  I want to go back one day with Ironman to experience it all over again with him!

4.  I traveled on Death Road.  After living in Ethiopia, my family moved to Bolivia.  One year, for our high school camp, I chose to go hike the Inca Trail from La Paz to the Yungas.  After the 4 day hike that started at the highest snowy peaks and ended in the lowest muggiest jungle, the only way out was by bus on Death Road.  It was absolutely terrifying and I remember sitting scrunched down in my seat, shaking with nerves and praying that we made it out alive.

Me at the start of the 4 day hike down into the jungle

5.  Army Ants invaded our home.  Also while living in Ethiopia.  One night, we were sitting on the couch watching a movie together as a family.  My sister, Maggie, was behind the couch and all of a sudden screamed and lifted up her fingers to reveal the army ants that had latched on.  We looked around and noticed that our entire floor was moving.  Jumping up, we grabbed some things and moved out for a few days until the ants had moved through and left our house!  I will always remember how fun I thought it was...we stayed at Priska Prunch's house and got to eat America cereal with milk.  It was such a treat!

6.  I ran from the cops.  True story.  Read about it HERE!

Ironman and I on the day we moved to the ship, the Logos Hope

7.  I deleted my original blog.  Saddest day ever.  I don't think that I will ever get over it because I am now a spazz about being careful what buttons I click, etc, when working on my blog.  I started my original blog in 2008 and called it Sailing with the Stewarts because we were volunteers on a ship!  However, I accidentally deleted it in 2012 and could not convince Blogger that it was really me and I wasn't trying to pull some scam and steal someone's blog.  So, lesson learned and I seriously hope that never happens again.  I would probably just give up blogging for good ha!  That's why I tell people I've been blogging for 8 years, but on this blog you can only find posts back to 4 years ago.  Sad huh?

So, there's my 7 interesting facts about myself!  Here are my nominees for The Versatile Blogger Award Tag:

Emily at Just Because
Katelyn at KatyFaith Photography 
Mary Ashley at Seriously
Kat at Lemon Rain Drops
Ann at The Idaho Mom
Liz at Team Beans
Lindsay Teague Moreno

Can't wait to see what y'all write and who you tag on your own blogs!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment