9.08.2023

6 Reasons Why I Love Walks

If you know me, you probably know that I love grabbing a friend and going for a walk.

In all my years of walking all over the world, my favorite was when our friend, Gunhild, took us on a walk up Lovers Lane, where it's tradition to kiss at the top, overlooking the city of Klaksvik! It was snowing and Nick and I were both all snotty, but the scenery was gorgeous and I remember how happy and in love I felt in that moment!

I decided then and there that walking is the best exercise for me…here’s why:

1. No matter where we are in the world, I can (usually) go for a long walk.

2. Walking with others gives me a great chance to catch up on my friend’s and family’s lives because I basically get their undivided attention for the duration of the walk.

3. Walking by myself gives me time to enjoy quiet and think through problems I’m facing. I love that I can leave my house feeling foggy, tired and down in the dumps and come back a new person, feeling alert, in a better mood and ready to tackle anything.

4. With many exercise programs, I need specific clothes, specific shoes, specific equipment, hair in a ponytail and a shower afterwards. Not with walking!

5. Walking is low impact, strengthens and tones, can help with weight loss and gives me a healthy glow…all without having negative effects on my joints. Many exercise programs are hard to do consistently because of injuries or aging bodies, but walking is something that I will most likely be able to do my entire life!

6. And now with Ivy, walking with her in the stroller is easier than trying to do our home workouts with her around 🤪


No comments:

Post a Comment