12.30.2016

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION - LOOKING BACK AT 2016

I'm a big time goal setter and always have been.  I love how having a goal means I have a clear vision of where I want to be or what I want to do.  It helps me stay focused.  However, just because I set goals doesn't mean that I always hit them.  I'd say I might hit 50%.  Is that discouraging sometimes?  Of course!  I want to do what I want to do, right?  So, I've had to learn to be ok with progress, not perfection.  Let me explain...


During 2016, I have had some BIG goals:

1.  I wanted to hit Platinum with Young Living Essential Oils.  I didn't hit that goal, but I did work hard all year to help people live healthier lives and make some extra income to help Ironman and me out financially!

2.  I also wanted to attend Young Living Essential Oils International Convention (which I did), the Gold Retreat (which I didn't get to attend), and all my team Lemon Dropper events (which I did)...2 out of 3 is pretty good in my book!

3.  The East Coast Road Trip with Ironman didn't happen, but we basically traveled all year to places like Salt Lake City, Denver, all over South Carolina, North Carolina, some in Tennessee, drove the Blue Ridge Parkway, went on a cruise and more.  So, no...I didn't get my road trip, but I'd still say we did a good bit of traveling!

4.  Finish writing my book...haha, that's funny, but I worked on it a good bit this year during the Winter and Spring!

5.  We did good with paying off $3,000 extra towards debt...done!

6.  I didn't follow along The One Challenge exactly, but sort of made up my own version.  Since I am not in the habit of exercising regularly, I wanted to make that change in my lifestyle.  I worked hard all year long and now work out 5 days a week consistently!

7.  And not all the renovations are done, however we are done with the bathroom, the laundry room is at least inside the house now, we re-piped the new bathroom and we insulated the attic.  So, we have a lot left to do, but we got a lot done this year!

As you can see, I didn't hit every single one of my goals.  But, because I made those goals, I spent the entire year focused and working towards getting things done.  So, remember not to focus on being perfect, but focus on your progress...look at where you were and how far you've come.  Check off your goals and make new ones.

What are some goals that you set and hit during 2016?




No comments:

Post a Comment