9.01.2017

32 THINGS I KNOW FOR SURE

Every year for my birthday, it's tradition to go to breakfast with my daddy and then ride around in his truck and look at all his job sites.  I love it and look forward to it every year.  Yesterday, as we were driving around, he asked me "What have you learned in 32 years?" and I look over at him and said, "That I don't know nuthin'!".  We both burst out laughing.  I was joking, but then realized that I wasn't really.  As a child, I remember seeing something hanging in my mimi's home that said "As soon as I knew all life's answers, they went and changed all the questions".  I remember wondering what that meant.  However, the older I get, the more I understand it.  I've come to realize, I'm really just winging it.  Sure, I know some things, but a lot of it is just flying by the seat of my pants and hoping it works out.  So, although I don't really know much, here are 32 things that I do know:


1.  It's time to let go of the past
2.  I can't please everyone
3.  It's ok to sleep in, read a book, take a nap or do something relaxing
4.  I really can choose to be happy
5.  I can learn to like things that I used to hate
6.  I'm not a failure
7.  I'd rather travel more than buy more things
8.  Some people just aren't going to understand
9.  God is in control and already knows the outcome
10.  Plus, He loves me unconditionally
11.  I only need a few true friends
12.  I still don't like to work in the yard
13.  I feel my best when I exercise daily
14.  Sometimes you have to set boundaries and walk away
15.  I'd rather have fewer items that are better quality
16.  I have the best husband in the world 


17.  "Drink more water" is almost always the answer
18.  It's never as bad as it seems
19.  Thank goodness I didn't get what I wanted
20.  I don't want to waste my life
21.  Maybe everyone is just trying their best
22.  I love writing
23.  Getting a degree isn't what it's cracked up to be
24.  I'm a mini version of my parents
25.  And momma's always right
26.  I've found my dream job
27.  My sisters are my best friends


28.  Sometimes I need to simply say no
29.  I'd rather work to live, than live to work
30.  Real life doesn't happen behind a screen
31.  Take a deep breath and stop talking so much
32.  Keep dreaming, adding to and checking things off your Bucket List


No comments:

Post a Comment