9.08.2017

10 THINGS I'M LOVING RIGHT NOW

I feel like I'm a walking advertisement for so many things.  When I love something, though, I want to tell everyone all about it so that they can get it and love it too.  I have lots of favorites, but here are the things that I've been crazy about lately:

Don't you love the silver?

1.  BIRKENSTOCKS - I basically wear these all summer and then switch them out for my Tom's wedges once the weather cools off.  Cute shoes is a must, but they also have to be comfortable or I won't wear them.  Love the companies that have managed to master this!  This pair of Birks are so great because they are comfortable for lots of walking, which is great for a traveler, and they are a cute color and style that can be dressed up or dressed down.  They are a little expensive, but I've worn them almost daily for a few years now, so I'd say I've gotten my money's worth!

2.  CROCKPOT MEXICAN QUINOA TACOS - I leave out the taco seasoning and do my own.  These are so good!  Fill a tortilla, add some avocado and caramelized onions to the top.  Bam.  You've got a meal.  Plus, it's made in the crockpot so it doesn't get much easier than that.  This is my go to meal for guests.  Seriously, get the ingredients and make it tonight.  I haven't had anyone not like them yet.

3.  YOUNG LIVING CEL-LITE MAGIC MASSAGE OIL - I've gone through a few bottles of this stuff this year and really love it.  It's got a sort of orange tint, so it makes my skin look like I have a little more color.  Also, it's moisturizing, so I don't have to use lotion.  And finally, it helps smooth out skin, so bye bye cellulite.  Oh and before I forget, it has grapefruit which can help in breaking down fat.  So, yea, I would highly suggest you get some of this stuff.  I've really loved it and what it's done for my skin and "trouble areas"!

One of my favorite Young Living products!

4.  VAN LIFE - Google VanLife.  Or search it on Pinterest and Instagram.  It's basically my dream.  Sell everything you own, build a van into a tiny house and hit the road.  I look at their photos daily and wish that could be me.  Luckily, Ironman and I are planning our own road trip after Christmas.  We are hoping to rent out our newly renovated home and be gone for several months.  We considered getting a van, but decided to outfit his truck instead to save time, money and then we don't have to worry if we buy a van that turns out to be a dud.  It's no fun breaking down.

5.  YOGA - Over the past year and a half, I have been trying to work out at least every weekday.  I feel so much better and my body has changed a good bit.  I started out with lighter workouts like Barre and other classes at the gym I was interested in, but then moved up to doing some HIIT workouts.  Although I got better results with HIIT, I felt like I kept hurting myself (it's always my hips and knees) and it would set me back.  So, recently, I've become more consistent with Yoga and I've really enjoyed it and can already tell my strength and flexibility are improving!

6.  GOLD JEWELRY - When I was in high school, I got my "colors" done.  Have you ever heard of that?  I'm a summer.  I look best in jewel tones and silver jewelry.  So, for most of my life, I've only worn what matched my skin type.  However, the last few years I've branched out and gotten some things that aren't my color and started to wear some gold jewelry.  I do believe that every person looks best in certain colors and tones, but it doesn't hurt to get outside the box sometimes!

See my gold earrings?
PC: Emily Christopher

7.  GRANITE COUNTERTOPS - They aren't in yet, but I have dreamed of having granite countertops and it's about to become a reality!  We were going to go with wood, but changed our minds and I'm super happy about it.  We should be enjoying them by sometime early next week.  Follow us to see our photos!  I'm hoping that they will inspire me to cook and bake more...we will see!

8.  MARY HIGGINGS CLARK - I don't know about you, but I love a good mystery.  Mary Higgins Clark always twists her story at the very end and leaves you wondering how you never guessed that outcome.  Plus, the books are clean and easy to read.  If you live in Florence, there are tons at the Thieves Market out by the airport for super cheap.

9.  CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS - Sometimes you just need chocolate right?  And peanut butter of course.  Ironman and I try to eat pretty healthy and avoid sugar, but I love sweets.  So, every now and then we make these chocolate peanut butter cups and store them in the freezer.  They are quick, easy, good ingredients and it hits the spot every time.  Make them for a Friday night treat.  And then send me a quick thank you :)

This is a Fascia Blaster!

10.  FASCIA BLASTER - Have you heard of the Ashley Black Fascia Blaster?  Well, this is my new obsession.  While on our recent road trip, we stayed with friends in DC who had a sauna and a few Blasters.  I would get in the sauna and blast away every night.  In only 5 days, I could tell a difference in the softness and smoothness of my skin.  So, I came home from the road trip and asked for a Blaster for my birthday.  I know it sounds crazy, but check out the Facebook page and read some of the testimonials!  Also, just this week, I've found this Young Living Relaxation Massage Oil is amazing to use with the Blaster. You have to use an oil with the blaster anyway, so I chose this one and love that I don't have to worry about harmful chemicals.  Plus, I've been Blasting at night and when I come home I am super relaxed from all the lavender and other essentials oils in this massage oil, I sleep like a rock!  So, my plan is to use the Cel-Lite Massage Oil to Blast when I do it in the mornings or use the Relaxation Massage Oil when I Blast at night.  My 10 year anniversary is December and we are also going on a family cruise, so I am very motivated to make the next 3 months count!

So, what is something that you are loving right now?  I'm always up for trying new things or learning something new!  Share in the comments :)


No comments:

Post a Comment