6.21.2017

31 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME

Are you new to Simply Us blog?  Welcome!  I'm Emily and I'm so glad that you have decided to follow our crazy life.  Let me introduce myself...here are 31 random facts about me:


Cuteness overload...I mean, look at my hands in my pockets.
1.  I’ve moved 37 times (my mom says I left a few moves out), lived on 3 continents and do a deer in headlights face when I meet someone new and they ask “where are you from?”.
2.  I’m terrified, absolutely terrified, of needles, but somehow managed to pierce my belly button, get a tattoo and let my sister pierce my ears in the downstairs bathroom.
3.  I love the color purple so much that I wore purple crocs, a purple backpack and a purple jacket almost daily in college until I met a new person and they said “Oh yea, you’re that purple girl I see on campus”. #awkward
4.  I could eat pizza every day and never get sick of it.  Seriously.
5.  I loved growing up in a big city, walking everywhere and taking buses and blame that on why I hate to drive.
6.  My dream job would be to live out of a backpack, travel the world and blog about it.
7.  People tell me I know how to relax better than most.
8.  My husband and I met in an interview to work in the Magic Kingdom and both got the job.
9.  I call him “Ironman” because that was his walkout song when he was a baseball star and I was falling in love with him.



10.  When I lived overseas, I would crave Doritos and orange juice and make it a priority to have them both, together, ASAP when back in the USA.
11.  I have had so many vaccinations, I actually have 2 record books and the last time I went in for boosters, the doctor told me he’d never seen anything like it (hence the fear of needles).
12.  Ironman always teases that I go into stores with blinders on…I will walk right past friends and family and won’t even notice.
13.  I started taking ballet lessons before kindergarten and continued until I went to college.
14.  My favorite treat in Bolivia is to go out for anticuchos…aka cow heart.
15.  I was in a spelling bee in 3rd grade, heard the girl in front of me spell “recital" wrong and get disqualified, then came up to the stand and spelled it exactly like her and was surprised to also be disqualified.
16.  I have a Bucket List with 148 items on it and always looking to add more.
17.  I love minimalist living and am happiest when I have less items of higher quality.
18.  My dream would be to live in a tiny house or buy an RV and travel around the USA and Canada for a full year.
19.  On a study tour to the Holy Land, my life was changed forever and I remember that I just said “It’s really real!” over and over and over for 3 weeks.
20.  My mom caught on fire Christmas 2001 and I ran back and forth to the kitchen with a green tupper wear bowl of water, without knowing that water wouldn’t put out that type fire.



21.  I always thought yellow’s not my color, but Ironman convinced me to buy this cute shirt^^^ because he said he loved it on me.
22.  I would have lived on brown sugar pop tarts and never exercised if it weren’t for my inspirational hubby...now I actually eat spinach and know what antioxidants are.
23.  Sometimes when I’m talking with someone, a word will still almost come out in Spanish even though we are speaking English.
24.  I hate humidity and miss the mountain view from my bedroom window.
25.  I broke up with the word “never” because when I say that, it’s like I’m doomed to do whatever it was.
26.  I’m getting ready to get my 4th passport and didn’t realize that not everyone has one, until I went to college and met them.  Seriously.
27.  On that note, I didn’t realize that not everyone missed school frequently due to city riots and blockades…so, for the first few months of college in the USA, I kept thinking I wished someone would hurry up and protest so school would be canceled.
28.  I own an essential oils business with over 800 members and make more money than any of my previous jobs, without doing much more than using social media and word of mouth.
29.  I love rainy days and overcast skies.
30.  During high school, on family vacations, my mom and sisters and I would read a book a day and pass them around…so, a 2 week vacation would mean 14 books read.
31.  I got lazer hair removal in college and haven't needed to shave in a decade...perfect for this traveler!

So, now that I've shared all my random "secrets", you're turn!  Share a random fact about you below.


No comments:

Post a Comment