11.03.2016

HOW TO KNOW WHEN IT'S TIME TO TAKE A ZERO DAY

So...I didn't post yesterday.  Did you notice?  It may not have been a big deal to you, but I felt like I was failing in some way.  Ever since June of this year, I committed to posting a new post 3 times a week (usually Monday, Wednesday and Friday).  However, yesterday I didn't get one out, even thought it was Wednesday.

2011 in Jones Gap!

Why, you ask?  Well...I was leaving early Tuesday morning to go out of town with my mom and sister to do some Christmas shopping in Charlotte.  On Monday, I got my post out like normal.  Then for the rest of the day, I struggled with the internal debate of whether I should go ahead and write another post to have it ready to automatically go out on Wednesday.

But, I didn't!

My mom packed this adorable basket for our road trip!

Mornings are my best time for writing as my thoughts are fresh and I am able to easily get them out.  However, the later in the day it gets, the harder it is to blog.  So, by the time I got one post written on Monday, I didn't have it in me to do another.  Then, Tuesday and Wednesday, I was with my mom and sister having some girl time!

My mom, sister and I at the Charlotte mall...we shopped till we dropped.
And by dropped, I mean had cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory!

Because I have been dying to hike the Appalachian Trail Thru-Hike since I was in college (and research about it pretty often), a thought came to mind...

I needed a ZERO DAY.

Have you heard of that?  It's when hikers take a day off and don't hike.  They rest and give themselves some down time so that they are able to come back fresh and ready for more.  Although I am not hiking, I realized that I needed a zero day as a blogger.  Once I realized that I felt guilty for not posting, I knew that it was time to take a day off.  No one is forcing me to blog...I do it because I love it and I want to keep it that way.  So, every now and then, I need a zero day.

The Charlotte mall was already decorated for Christmas!!!

When is the last time you took a zero day?  I'm not encouraging irresponsibility.  I mean, feed your kids, brush your teeth, etc.  But, there are some things in your life that you could use a break from and that's ok!  It doesn't mean that they are bad things...even good things need balance!  Hikers have a zero miles day.  I gave myself a no new blog post day.  What is something that would benefit you and your sanity to not do for one day?


No comments:

Post a Comment