5.13.2014

DREAMING...

     
SOOOOooooo……Dreaming…..We all dream, right?  Not the sleeping in 
your bed and counting sheep type dreaming.  I'm talking, BIG LIFE CHANGING DREAMS!  The type of dreams that you never think are possible…you might say they are just "wishful thinking" or "daydreams"…you might call them hopes, wishes, goals, desires, plans or 
something else, but right now, lets stick with "DREAMS".


     If you know Ironman and me (or follow our Blog), you know that we dReAm and save and plan and GO…and we do it as often as possible!!!  Since we have been married, we have visited 17 countries.  We have a Bucket List  and we are ALWAYS asking each other, "What's next?!".   Even though we LOVE traveling, we DO have other dreams too!!!  What?!  I know, crazy, right?!!?!


     A fellow Lemon Dropper and Blogger, has just started a series of her own…the DREAM BIG Series!!!  Obviously, I am already hooked.  Encouraged.  Excited.  Inspired.  I'm already a dreamer and she just made me a dreamer on steroids---I think I'm going to go edge my flower beds in old bricks stacked in my woods and write the next chapter in my never-finished book…don't laugh…I'm serious.  So, most of this is inspired from Monique's post, but I had to post about it myself because I was so pumped!


     If I could do anything, Anything, ANYTHING, what would it be?…spend the rest of my life with Nick Stewartwrite a bookpay off our housetravel the world…have children…hit Royal Crown Diamond…become an artist…I'm sure I'll think of more and have to come back to edit this post!

(Ok…already editing now---adopt a child who needs a family!)


     WHAT ARE YOUR DREAMS?…No dream is too small or too big…if it is your dream, then it is significant!  Think for a minute and write down a few that come to mind.


     Dreams don't just happen…once we dream it, we have to DO IT!!!  Living your dreams requires hard work and never giving up.  You plan.  You save.  You plan. You save.  You plan.  You save.  And sometimes after YEARS of planning and saving (while you are still dreaming), you finally get 
to go DO IT!!!


     "Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure…than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt


     Is dreaming easy?…NO!  You will have failures along the way!  But, during that journey, you will learn and grow and change and mature.  Some people don't like to see others pursuing their dreams…YES…this is actually true and very sad!  People who aren't pursuing their own dreams are likely to criticize those who are!  YES…this actually happens!  This is why we have to be confident in who we are and what our purpose is…I know that I am a child of God and my purpose is to LOVE God and ENJOY Him FOREVER!!!


Psalm 139:13 says "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb"…WHAT A GIFT that the LORD created us each of us unique and different from one another and gave us each our own talents, our own gifts, our own strengths, our own weaknesses…


Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you, " declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future"…WHAT A GIFT that the LORD who created each of us also has a good and perfect plan for each of us…


Psalm 37:4 says, "Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart."…WHAT A GIFT that the LORD who created us and has perfect plans for us, also cares about our hearts desires, our DREAMS!  


Only YOU can live the life that was planned for YOU!  
You never know what kind of difference you are going to make in someone else's life.  So, pray that the LORD will show you what he wants for your life and start heading in that direction!  DREAM DREAMS, IMPACT LIVES, AND CHANGE THE WORLD. 


 It takes discipline and hard work...YES…BUT when I look back on my life, I want to see that I lived an aDvEnTuRe, I LOVED the Lord and ENJOYED Him, I impacted His kingdom, I served and loved others and I lived my DREAMS…I have BIG DREAMS, but I have a BIGGER GOD!!!  I want what God has planned for my life, even if it is different than my own dreams...but I think that He still enjoys when we dream!


So…I DARE you to DREAM BIG DREAMS!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment