1.14.2014

Last Day in Edinburgh

Our luxury Northern Ireland and Scotland vacation is coming to a close:(. So today was a day of "lasts"...so sad...

We got one last view of a kilt and one last good listen to some bagpipes...


One last monument with the Stewart name...they are everywhere so Nick says we are moving to Scotland...I told him I'm game if he buys me black waterproof boots and some warmer gloves:).  I know I know, I'm high maintenance.  Oh, and he needs a job...minor detail.


One last view of Edinburgh...


Well, maybe a couple more...



One last photo of us (until the next one of course...we do love our photos...actually Nick doesn't, just me!)...


One last Haggis Tatties and Neeps and Fish and Chips...this is going to be a hard one to say goodbye to!!!  I'm very attached to my Fish and Chips.  A man next to us ordered the same meal and left all his chips.  What?!?!?!?!  I don't know if it was my missionary side that kicked in, but I was deeply troubled by his leftover uneaten chips and seriously considered taking his plate after he walked away and before the server returned.  Let me assure you...I thought this but didn't do this.  I stayed in my seat and only allowed myself to look over at his plate and imagine eating those perfectly fried chips.  It was hard.  I stayed strong.  I did not pass GO.  I did not collect $200.  When I voiced all of these thoughts/concerns to Nick, he looked at me with this somewhat freaked out "are you serious?!" type face (this happens pretty often).  Poor husband.  Sometimes when I'm acting crazy, I'll ask him "what if I was really like this?!" And he'll say, "you are really like that!".  But now that I'm thinking over all this again (while I'm writing), I think my dad would have thought the same thing, but he probably would have eaten the chips off of the strangers plate and asked the waitress to bring him ketchup.  So, yet again, I can't be held responsible for my actions. Here is my public apology to the public...we Jackson's are crazy...and we drag Nick along with us.  See him below with that sweet innocent face?...poor husband...he didn't even realize what he or himself into 6 years ago!!!


So we did one last ATM withdrawal, begged for change for bus fare one last time, visited ASDA (grocery store) one last time...

Tomorrow morning we will fly to Dublin and stay the night in a hotel and then fly home on Thursday!!!  I know you're all dying to see us:)

No comments:

Post a Comment