8.21.2018

42 ITEMS ON MY REVERSE BUCKET LIST

My Bucket List.

It's always on my mind.

This thing that pushes me and haunts me.  

But, I often forget how much I've already done, how many dreams I've already crossed off and unforgettable memories I've already made...and I don't want to forget because it reminds me to be thankful for what I've already got.

Hiking the Inca Trail

So, this is my Reverse Bucket List.  Not a list of all that I still want to do and see, but a list of all that I've already crossed off.  During the moments of panic when I feel the years slipping away and worry that I'm not living to the fullest, I need this reminder that I'm not wasting time.  I've dreamed and planned and conquered (maybe even more than most for my age).

I've...


drove the entire Blue Ridge Parkway and ran the Cooper River Bridge Run
flown 1st class from Europeand and spotted The Little Mermaid in Denmark
paid off Nick's student loans, own our home and live in Greenville SC
survived a Clemson and USC football game, done Christmas at Biltmore
toured the Greek isles, the Holy Land and climbed the Eiffel Tower
attended a ball, stood on the equator and went island hopping in the Faroe Islands
flown first class in Europe and in a helicopter in Africa
roadtripped around the USA and Canada and cruised the Caribbean
surfed the waves at Myrtle Beach and the sand dunes in Lima, Peru
gone white water rafting, paddle boarding, tubing, skiing and snowboarding
rappelling and rock climbing in Bolivia and skinny dipping in the Sea of Galilee
riden a camel on the beach in Kenya and an airboat in the Florida Everglades 
seen the Grand Canyon, Niagara Falls, Yellowstone and the Redwoods
ran The Color Run, hiked the Inca Trail and got a tattoo
hiked to the Tea House in Banff, walked through fields of flowers in Holland
toured the castles of Scotland, slept in one in Ireland and walked on Giants Causeway
donated a foot of hair 3 times and dyed the rest purple
stood on the equator in Ecuador and took a dangerous ride on the Yungas Road
swam in the Dead Sea and taken an Alaskan Cruise
road-tripped the Blue Ridge Parkway and toured the Biltmore
owned a great pair of cowgirl boots and worked at Disney
walked all over DC and NYC and biked the Swamp Rabbit Trail
lived on a ship in the Caribbean and spent a week in Hawaii

Swimming in the Dead Sea

Don't let me fool you, though.  The dreaming and planning and going and doing and seeing isn't stopping here. 

What's the most memorable thing you've ever crossed off your Bucket List?





No comments:

Post a Comment