8.21.2018

11 DREAMS THAT FEEL TOO BIG

I always start off big, thinking "wouldn't this or that be incredible?!".  But, as "reality" sets in and I second guess my ability to achieve goals, I backtrack.  I tame my crazy dreams and tell myself that, "I'll just stick with this easier, more attainable idea".

Why in the world do I do this when I'm always challenging everyone else to dream big?

Two reasons:
1.  I don't want people to think bad of me that I want "too much".
2.  I don't want to fail by not doing what I said I wanted to do.

Instead of risk it, I make it all manageable.  How sad.  Aren't dreams meant to be crazy?


While reading Girl, Wash Your Face, I felt challenged by Rachel Hollis to stop making myself small and believing that it's shameful to want too much.

Now I'm wondering if I should even have a Bucket List because, turns out, everything's on my list.

I want to see it all.
I want to do it all (except sky dive or bungy jumping because that's a whole new level of terrifying).
I want the experiences.
I want the memories.
I want a full life.

And I want to stop downplaying that.  I'm sure if you follow me, you know I'm a dreamer.  But, what you may not know is that I still only share my "safe" dreams...the ones I believe that are appropriate and that I might be able to one day achieve.


Want to know my scary dreams that I'm afraid to admit, even to myself?

-I want to visit every state in the USA and every country in the world (even the not-so-safe ones)
-I want to 100% financially support my parents as full-time missionaries
-I want to be a fun, supportive mom to at least two kids
-I want to pack up my home and travel full-time for a season of life
-I want to have have 1 million followers on social media
-I want to complete a marathon
-I want to be a best-selling author
-I want to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail
-I want to get out of debt and live 100% debt free the rest of my life
-I want to hit Royal Crown Diamond with Young Living
-I want to be a fully raw vegan

Fear holds me back and convinces me to settle.  It tells me that I'm too much and yet, not enough.

I'm over it.

From now on, I'm calling it like it is.  My dreams are insane, but that's what dreams are right?


1 comment: