8.16.2018

3 THINGS EVERY MINIMALIST WANTS FOR THEIR BIRTHDAY

It's officially my birthday month and I'm all excited, wondering how it will feel to be 33 and what types of gifts I might receive from everyone who loves me...hint hint.

Me at 3

I can't say how much I love my birthday.  I really love it.  But, it's not because of the gifts.  No, it's all the attention.  Let me explain before you start thinking I'm a total snob.  I love that my birthday means I get an excuse to spend special time with all my favorite people.  If I have to choose between gifts and quality time, I'll choose presence over presents.  You see what I did there?

However, I also know that not everyone wants to skip the beautifully wrapped, thoughtfully picked items.  So, I came up with a list of everything that a minimalist could possibly want or need.  If you have a minimalist in your life with a special occasion coming up or want to get on top of your Christmas shopping, keep reading.

Us at Universal Studios for Valentines 2018

1.  Experiences like a lunch date, concert tickets, spa treatment, a weekend getaway, movie tickets, gym membership, or anything that makes a memory, provides quality time or treats the birthday boy or girl to much needed pampering and rest!

2.  Consumables like homemade dessert, a soy candle, loose leaf tea, a bottle of wine, flowers, a bamboo toothbrush or even something as simple as a big bowl of beautiful fruit or their favorite flavor or Kombucha from the grocery store!

3.  Wants and needs like replacing a clothing item for the upcoming season, a trip to the salon for a overdue haircut, a yard or maid service for a break from mundane chores or a book they've been wanting to read.  Just ask if you are unsure!  Most people have a wish list in their head :)

My 31st Birthday!

Some of my favorite gifts have been when my daddy bought me a pair of quality winter socks from Naturally Outdoors, when my momma took me shopping at TJMaxx and helped me pick out a new outfit, when Ironman ran The Color Run with me, when my sisters all took me out to lunch and then dessert and when I chopped my hair off and donated 12 inches and then died it purple!  I loved each of these gifts because it was either time spent with someone I love, or crossing something off my Bucket List or getting something that I honestly needed but probably wouldn't have bought for myself.

So, here's to August...my birthday month.  Let's skip the gifts, ok?  Instead, I want a date with each of my favorite people.  You know who you are and I'm waiting on your text :)


No comments:

Post a Comment