11.08.2017

7 SIMPLE STEPS TO BEAUTIFUL, NATURALLY HEALTHY SKIN

I remember back in high school when I wanted to go to Beauty School. My parents would sing Grease's Beauty School Drop-Out to me (click here if you don't know what I'm talking about) and tell me that I could go to Beauty School after I graduated from college, with a degree. So, I went to college, tried to drop out a few times because I didn't enjoy it. But everyone kept telling me it would be different when I had my own classroom. Plus, my parents wouldn't let me quit. After 4.5 years of studying, I graduated with a degree in Elementary Education, got my own classroom...and still didn't like it! 14 years later at the age of 32, I finally got to go to Beauty School last weekend with my mom...and I absolutely loved it! This is right up my alley, just like I thought back at 18-years-old. Don't feel too bad for me, though. If I hadn't gone to college, I might not have ever met Ironman. So, college was super beneficial to me in the long run, for my M.R.S. degree.


Young Living's Beauty School was only 2 days, so we just covered the basics. One day, however, I'd love to go for much longer...like to get a 2 year certificate or something along those lines. But for now, I want to share what I've learned so far.

What’s ON you is IN you. What are you putting on you? Is it completely safe, non-toxic and actually good for you? Please take time to check every product and ingredient in your entire home using the EWG Skin Deep site or Think Dirty app. You’ll be shocked at what dangerous ingredients are lurking around! Beauty is not just how you look on the outside…it comes from what’s inside. If you are physically, emotionally and mentally putting “junk” in, that’s what will eventually be pushed out. The things we eat, drink, slather on, listen to, smell and watch all effect us on the inside, constantly helping us or harming us. I’m so thankful that Young Living takes time to ensure that their products are good and safe for us. I know it’s tempting to just use make up to cover up all the imperfections. But, instead, it would be better for us to take the time to address the problems so that we can enjoy naturally beautiful and healthy skin! So, skin 1st, then make up 2nd. Ok? Ready to get started?

What skin type do you have? Normal, dry, oily, combination or mature? No matter what type you have, Young Living has great products for you to enjoy your best complexion ever!

Getting pampered at Young Living's Beauty School!

Here are the 7 steps to beautiful skin, as mentioned at Beauty School:

Start with clean hands and in between each step, allow time for skin to dry.

1. CLEANSE: Wash your face daily, morning and night by going through all steps listed below. Start by cleansing…ART Gentle Cleanser and Orange Blossom Facial Wash are your two choices.

a. ART Gentle Cleanser won’t dry out skin and is suitable for all skin types, especially mature skin. It is formulated with orchid extract. Wet hands and face, squirt one pump cleanser in hand and massage onto face and neck in circular motions.

b. Orange Blossom Facial Wash is soap-free and is suitable for all skin types, especially younger skin. It is formulated with botanical extracts, minerals and fruit acids. Wet hands and face, squirt half a dime sized amount of cleanser in hand and massage onto face and neck in circular motions. This one is often a favorite for teenagers or adults with troubled skin.

2. EXFOLIATE: Our bodies naturally shed older cells, but as we age, the process is slower. Help keep skin fresh and bright by exfoliating with Satin Mint Facial Scrub a couple times per week. Do NOT over exfoliate, as this can aggravate skin. Although this is a scrub, it is also moisturizing, so it doesn’t leave your skin stripped of the healthy, natural oils. Wet face and neck and massage on skin in circular, massaging motion.

3. TONE: Balance the pH of your skin, remove left-over residue and close large pores by using ART Toner. Squirt small amount on cotton round and carefully swipe across face and neck.

4. RESTORE: Serums often contain ingredients that are able to penetrate the layers of skin faster, so it is important to use one before moisturizing. ART Renewal Serum nourishes and hydrates and contains unique botanical ingredients and complex blend of traditional Chinese extracts, like orchids. After cleansing (and exfoliating a few times a week) and toning, apply one pump of serum and tap over face and neck.

5. MOISTURIZE: This step is important for protecting and hydrating your skin and should be done as often as possible or needed. A dry face now is a wrinkled face later. Apply a small amount of moisturizer to face and neck and massage in with upward, sweeping strokes. Here are the moisturizing options available to you:

a. ART Light Moisturizer helps reduce the appearance of fine lines, while being lightweight. It is perfect for all skin types.

b. ART Intensive Moisturizier helps reduce the appearance or fine lines and wrinkles and is a heavier option for long-lasting hydration. It contains plant cells and is the perfect night cream. Good for all skin types, especially mature skin. If you were using and loving Sandalwood Moisture Cream or Bosweilla Wrinkle Cream, this is Young Living’s replacement product that’s even better! It’s like the two combined forces and made an even better moisturizer.

c. ART Sheerlume Brightening Cream, AKA “moisturizer with benefits”. Sheerlume helps give a younger complexion by brightening skin tone and reducing signs of age spots, skin dullness and rough texture. Definitely my favorite Young Living moisturizer so far, as I have gotten many compliments when I’ve consistently used this product!

6. REFINE: Help skin health by using a masque a few times a week (or up to every day) for at least 25 minutes each time you do so. Here are your three options:

a. ART Beauty Masque is an orchid based formula designed to hydrate skin and leave it more radiant. It is for all skin types.

b. ART Creme Masque is a luxurious cream and is ideal for a deep facial moisturizer, 25 minute masque or even an all night skin treatment. It is formulated with hyaluronic acid, but does not contain the orchid ingredient. It is for all skin types.

c. ART Chocolate Masque is formulated with Ecuadorian chocolate and infused with essential oils. This masque leaves skin soft and glowing and is an excellent one if you are looking for the antioxidants. It is for all skin types.

7. TARGETED SUPPORT

a. Wolfberry Eye Cream is conditioning, with wolfberry seed oil, and minimizes the appearance of fine lines.

b. Rose Ointment is a heavy moisturizer for dry, rough or chapped skin.

c. Young Living Lip Balms protect, moisturize and soften.

d. Essential Beauty Serum is the perfect moisturizing option for dry skin that needs an extra boost. Also, it can be use for any skin type for facial massage.

e. Mirah Shave Oil is so moisturizing that you can skip the body lotion after bathing. Also, it can be used as a hair oil for silky, smooth hair.

In addition to these steps for healthy, beautiful skin, don’t forget to get at least 10 minutes per day of full sun on your skin for vitamin D, but then use Young Living’s Mineral Sunscreen to ensure skin safety and beautifully aging skin for the rest of the day.

Also, don’t forget that nutrition plays a huge role in skin health. Do your best to reduce meat, dairy, gluten and sugar. The best diet is high in whole, plant-based foods such as veggies, fruits, nuts and seeds. Each time you put something in your mouth or on your body, you should be asking yourself, “Am I feeding disease or fighting it?” Make sure to take supplements like Young Living's Ningxia Red, Master Formula, Enzymes and Probiotic for optimal health. Oh, and don’t block your sweat! Your body sweats to eliminate toxins, which makes you cleaner on the inside and your skin more healthy on the outside. So, get Young Living's deodorant and be prepared for a bit of body detox as your body adjusts to natural deodorant!

Now that your skin health is in optimal condition, you are ready for make-up!

Although the lighting is slightly different, you can see how both of us have
improved skin from just November 2nd to the 5th...just 4 days!

I know this is a quick summary of what I took in over the two days of Beauty School, but I hope it helped you see where you may have gaps in your own beauty routine. If you live out of town and want to learn more, I'd love to do a live video/FaceTime to teach you! I may even be able to come to you if you'd like to learn in person and try each product. Or if you live in town, I'd love to get together, teach you and let you try each product. And don't forget, the more the merrier...gather some friends and let's make a girls night out of it!

Connect with me by phone (if you have my number) or by using the links to my FaceBook and Instagram found at the top of the page. Don't forget, you can also email me by clicking here! I can't wait to spend time with you and help you feel more confident in your skin through Young Living essential oils and products!





1 comment: