7.26.2016

AT HOME PEDICURE IN THREE STEPS

Just because going to the spa to get a pedicure isn't in your budget, doesn't mean that you can't still have one!  I know that having cute toes always makes me feel more put together in the summer, so this is something that I do frequently.  Go ahead and mark some "me time" off in your calendar, gather your supplies together and give your feet a treat!


You will need:

-a large bowl
-a towel
-epsom salt
-baking soda
-a carrier oil (like extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, etc)
-an old toothbrush
-a heavy moisturizer
-essential oils (optional)


1.  Soak

Find a bowl that is big enough to comfortably fit both of your feet.  Fill it with hot water, epsom salt (I used 1/2 cup) and a few drops of essential oil.  Lavender essential oil is great for relaxing at the end of a long day!




2.  Scrub

Mix baking soda (I used 1/4 cup) with a little water to make a paste, add a drop of essential oil (I used Thieves to give my toes a good clean up), grab your old toothbrush and give your toes a scrub!



Once you've finished on your toes, it's time for your feet.  Pour some sugar in a bowl, add extra virgin olive oil (or a carrier oil of your choice) and a few drops of essential oil (Peppermint essential oil is fresh and energizing, if you want to try that one).  Mix with your hand and massage into feet for several minutes.  



3.  Moisturize

Make sure you have rinsed off all of the baking soda, sugar and olive oil and dried off your feet well. Then, take a heavy moisturizer (I love Rose Ointment because its super moisturizing and full of essential oils that are great for skin health) and massage on and around toenails.  You can also massage a lighter moisturizer into your feet, but they should still be really soft from the sugar and olive oil scrub.  You can also add some nail polish, but be careful to choose a brand that is safe and free of harmful toxins!



I love this at home pedicure because most of these things can be found in your pantry!

Do you have a favorite at home treat that you would like to share with us?  Please comment below!  I am always up for a new hair mask, face mask, scrub or anything that makes me feel pampered!


No comments:

Post a Comment