5.18.2015

Take it to the LORD in Prayer...

     A few weeks ago, my family visited Shandon Baptist in Columbia.  The pastor spoke about prayer and it has been on my mind for weeks now...

     John 14:13-14
13 And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

     At the grocery store in the check out line, a child may want a candy bar.  The child's parent may say yes and buy the candy bar for the child.  Because the parent loves the child, they want to give the child what the child ask's for; however, since the parent loves the child, the parent will also sometimes choose not buy the candy bar.  So, the child can ask and the parent will want to give, but sometimes the answer will be yes and sometimes no.

     We are God's children.  We can ask for ANYTHING.  He WANTS us to ask.  He will always answer (sometimes yes, sometimes no, sometimes not now) and HIS answer will be in accordance with HIS Purpose and Will.

     So, I have been learning to ask God for ANYTHING...big things, little things and EVERYTHING in between.  I have been intentionally asking for things.  And you know what I have noticed?!?!!?  HE IS ANSWERING.

     Then, on Sunday, our home church sang this song...

What a friend we have in Jesus
All our sins and griefs to bear
And what a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer

Oh, what peace we often forfeit
Oh, what needless pain we bear
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged
Take it to the Lord in prayer

Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness

Take it to the Lord in prayer

Don't be afraid to ask...God wants you to talk to HIM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment