5.13.2016

Ironman

     If you follow me on social media, you have probably noticed that I call Nick "Ironman" and you may wonder why...let me take you back to how it all got started.

     Back in 2005, when I was 19, I fell in love with a baseball player.  I went to ALL his home games at Francis Marion University and a few of his away games, when I could.  He played Right Field and was super quick, very strong, a great hitter and could throw like no one else.


     I will always remember one specific game.  There was a player running towards home base.  Nick took off like lightening, caught the ball in the farthest corner of the right field and threw straight to home plate before the player slid in.  Everyone jumped up and screamed in shock.  It was one of those once in a lifetime moments.  I was so proud, I could feel it bubbling up from my heart.


     Nick had it all going for him and I loved watching him play baseball.  Each time it was his turn up to bat, FMU would play his walk out song, Ironman by Black Sabbath.  So, it became "my thing" (after Nick's baseball days were over), to stomp to the beat and hum Ironman like a crazy person in preparation for anything difficult that was about to happen.  It was around that time that I began to call Nick my "Ironman".


     Although his baseball days are long gone, Nick still amazes me with his natural ability to succeed in just about anything he sets his mind to.  He is so talented and gifted, but the best part is that Nick is also incredibly generous and has a true servants heart.  So, there's how "Ironman" came to be mine...I'll be keeping him around!


Let's be Friends:

No comments:

Post a Comment