4.20.2017

22 MOVIES WE LOVE

Although we are trying to avoid becoming zombies, there's something wonderful about coming home after a long day, getting in your pjs, grabbing something to eat, laying on the couch and watching a good movie or TV series.  Over the years, we have watched a lot of movies, but we definitely have some favorites.  Some we only watched once or twice, but still talk about years later because of them being such a good memory.  Others, however, we keep going back and watching over and over again.  So, in case you'd like some ideas, here they are:


1.  SEABISCUT - I went to the movie theatre to see this one with my Grandma Jackson.  Although I don't remember much of the movie, I do remember a point when the entire audience burst out cheering and clapping and I got goosebumps all over my body.  It was such an emotional movie and it got us all stirred up.  I'll never forget my Grandma sitting beside me and hearing her scream out with excitement.  It was such a weird moment when no one was worried what anyone else thought, compared to most times when people are quiet and reserved to save face in public.

2.  PRINCESS BRIDE - Such a good one to watch when you don't know what to watch.  It's got a little bit of everything and most people love it.

3.  A KNIGHTS TALE - I love how this movie shows someone who has a dream and works hard until they see it achieved.  It's a good lesson that you can do almost anything once you're ready to work hard.

4.  A WALK TO REMEMBER - Super cheesy and sad, but I'll always love it because it's the one movie that my daddy and I went to see together (on a daddy daughter date) in the theatre.  As one of four girls, I really appreciated when I got to go out with one of my parents one-on-one.

5.  THE OTHERS - I loved how this movie was spooky, but didn't give me nightmares the rest of my life (I usually can't handle anything scary).  Also, it has a great twist at the end.

6.  THE SIXTH SENSE - Another one that's a little scary in a way, but has a great twist that you'd never expect.

7.  CINDERELLA - I've always loved Disney movies, but I'm talking about the latest one with the lesson to "have courage and be kind".  It was such a great movie and even inspired this blog post.

8.  GONE WITH THE WIND - This is a long one, but I love to put it on and watch it when I'm sick and have a long day on the couch ahead of me.  Scarlet is one tough lady and I love to watch how she takes each situation and just does what she has to do.

9.  WHITE CHRISTMAS - Christmas.  Singing.  Dancing.  Love.  Loyalty.  And finally, snow.  Does it get any better than this?  Click HERE to read an old blog post partly inspired by this movie.

10.  ELF - Buddy the Elf, what's your favorite color...Smiling's my favorite...Bye Buddy, hope you find your dad.  Can we just talk to everyone in ELF quotes?

11.  NACHO LIBRE - And this brings us to Nacho Libre.  Between ELF and Nacho Libre, my family can have full blown conversations.  Of course, Ironman get's tired of how many times I want to watch ELF each year, but he doesn't seem to mind my dad's complete obsession with Nacho.

12.  PRIDE AND PREJUDICE - Beautiful clothes.  Impeccable manners.  Polite conversations.  Leisurely walks.  Dancing at balls.  Drawn out dinners.  Romantic proposals.  I have no idea what is was really like to live back then, but these type movies make it seem so dreamy and peaceful.  This is a great movie to watch for girls night.  You'll be wanting to practice your manners and drink your tea by the end of the movie.

I love a good cup of chai tea around Christmas!
13.  THE PROPOSAL - This movie is absolutely hilarious.  Sandra Bullock is beautiful and smart, but it's fun to watch her soften up.  Plus, I want to go to Alaska...the scenery in gorgeous.

14.  O BROTHER WHERE ART THOU - Yet another movie that my family could speak the language of.  Great music.  Great acting.  Great story line.  It's one that you can watch over and over again.

15. LEAP YEAR - Like The Proposal, this couple starts off hating each other, only to (you guessed it) fall in love by the end of the movie.  Since the movie takes place in Ireland, I love getting to hear the accents and see the beautiful landscape as they make their way across the country.  It's a good lesson in that sometimes you get what you want only to discover you didn't really want it after all.

16.  SAFE HAVEN - Nick and I always enjoy watching this one together.  I'm not sure why exactly.  I think it could have something to do with the sweet little town where everyone looks out for each other, or the slower pace of life, or the quaint store and the adorable kids.  Who knows?  But you can find out if you watch it :)

17.  PIRATE'S OF THE CARIBBEAN - We love watching this series every summer while we are on vacation or at the beach!

18.  HARRY POTTER - And this one every Christmas.

19.  INDIANA JONES - This series is perfect anytime we don't know what to watch, but know that we want an oldie, but goodie.

20.  JASON BORNE - When we want something fast paced and kick butt...unfortunately I miss half the movies because I close my eyes, but I like practicing my fight moves on Ironman and seeing if I can catch him off guard.

21.  CHRONICLES OF NARNIA - I really enjoy how this one is set partly in a magical world and partly in the real world.  The animals can talk just like humans and it seems that anything is possible.  The landscapes and accents are beautiful.  And I love how Aslan gave up his life to take the place of Edmund...it's such a good reminder of how Jesus gave up His life for me and you!

22.  BEAUTY AND THE BEAST - We love the old one, but we really enjoyed the new one that just came out in theaters!  Emma Watson did a great job and there was so much talent in the singing and dancing.  They kept it pretty close to the original.  If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you go see it in theaters ASAP!

Do you have a favorite movie?  Share in the comments below!

Want to see our 15 favorite TV shows?  Click HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment